Status: Registration Close
Climate: Cool, humid, potentially rainy
Web Site: www.shmarathon.com
2015 SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
Having the highest price pool and the highest completion rate, the Shanghai International Marathon is one of the top-tier athletic events held in China. Over 35,223 individuals participated in the various events last year with over 300,000 spectators live.
This is the first year a ballot system is used for the Shanghai Marathon. We offer you guranteed entry to the 2015 Shanghai Marathon.
The main event will have a limit of 8,000 runners, with quotas of 10,000 for the half-marathon, 7,000 for the 10k race and 10,000 for the 5k run. To help the growing number of foreign participants, English-speaking staff will be on hand during all of this year’s events.
Race Date: November 8, 2015 (Sunday)
Race Time: 7:00AM
Registration Deadline: September 21st, 2015
Starting line: Jin Niu Square, the Bund of Shanghai
Finish line of Full and Half Marathon: Cauldron Square of Shanghai Stadium
Finish line of 10km Run: Fuxing Park
Finish line of Mini Marathon: Shanghai Exhibition Center
Rules of Race:
1. The races are subject to the latest Rules of the International Association of Athletics Federation and the Rules of Chinese Athletics Association. Runners will be required to take a doping test when deemed necessary.
2. Runners’ numbers (bibs) will be arranged and distributed by the Organizing Committee.
3. All the contestants must present themselves for a roll call at the starting line and assemble at the designated area based on events and bib number at 6:00 am on November 8, 2015. The race starts at 7:00 am.
4. Time limit of each race
To ensure a successful and safe race, a time limit both for the race and the transportation will be set to each individual race. The public transportation will open again after the limit time. Any runners who haven’t finished the race within time limit should stop and quit the course for safety reasons. Those who quit the race will be able to take the escort coaches provided by OC.
|Mini Marathon||10 km（including the finish line of 10km）||Half Marathon||30 km Run||35 km Run||37 km Run||Marathon Finish line|
|1 hour||1 hour and 30 minutes||3 hours||4 hours and 15 minutes||5 hours and 10 minutes||5 hours and 30 minutes||6 hours and 15 minutes|
5. For detailed requirements and arrangements of the race, see Things to Know for Contestants (to be handed out together with the bib and the timing chip).
1. Men’s and Women’s Full Marathon：
(1) Award for ranking (USD):
Notes: The result of Men’s full marathon’s champion must be within 2:09:30; the result of Women’s full marathon’s champion must be within 2:28:00. For those champions who don’t meet the standards, the awards will be reduced 40%. The result of the winning athletes will be post on the official website for 10 days, and then, with the confirmation of negative doping control result, the awards shall be given.
(2) Awards for breaking records:
a. Award for breaking the world record marathon time: USD 100,000
b. Award for breaking the record time of the Shanghai International Marathon: USD 10,000 (only for 1st place)
c. Only the highest dollar award will be provided to any one runner, no combination of awards will be given.
d. Chinese athletes will be awarded equivalent RMB
(3) According to the Chinese tax regulation, 20% personal income tax will be levied on the winnings.
(4) Any runner who completes the marathon within 6 hours 15 minutes will be awarded with a medal. The certificate of result will be available for self-printing on the official Shanghai International Marathon website 5 working days after the race. Results will be available to check 24 hours after the race.
2. Men’s and Women’s Half Marathon
(1) Award for ranking (USD):
Notes: The result of the winning athletes will be post on the official website for 10 days, and then the awards shall be given.
(2) Award for breaking the record time of Shanghai International Marathon: USD 1,000 (only for 1st place)
(3) Chinese athletes will be awarded equivalent RMB.
(4) According to the Chinese tax regulation, 20% personal income tax will be levied on the winnings.
(5) Any runner who finishes the half marathon within 3 hours will be awarded with a medal. The certificate of result will be available for self-printing on the Shanghai International Marathon official website 5 working days after the race. Results will be available to check 24 hours after the race.
3. 10km Run and Mini Marathon
Contestants of the 10km Run and Mini Marathon will not be ranked. Every runner will receive a Certificate of Participation.